It is time to recognize the best in the ODEMSA Region by nominating someone for one of the ODEMSA Regional EMS Awards!
For over 20 years, the Old Dominion EMS Alliance has recognized the exceptional contributions of those in Emergency Medical Services through the Regional and Governor’s EMS Awards.
We have seen the fantastic contributions EMS professionals have provided throughout the region and the Commonwealth throughout the pandemic.
Help us recognize the best in the region by nominating someone you know for one of the 12 Regional EMS Awards.
Through March 15th, anyone can submit a nomination to recognize those in the region with one of twelve ODEMSA Regional EMS Awards. High School Seniors and GED recipients also have the opportunity to apply for an award along with a $1,000 scholarship.
Award recipients receive regional recognition and a nomination in the same category for a chance to be honored with a Governor’s EMS Award at the 2023 EMS Symposium in Norfolk. The High School Senior or GED Recipient regional award winner will also have the opportunity to receive the Governor’s EMS Award and an additional $5,000 scholarship.
Click the button below for full details and worksheets to assist in the nomination process.
Changes and Updates to the 2023 Awards
- The awards portion of the website has been completely updated.
- You can now submit a “Quick Nomination” any time. If you don’t know what category to nominate for then just choose the “I don’t know” option and we will determine it for you.
- Those that are nominated after the open nomination period will possibly be considered for the next awards cycle.
- You can now access the “Quick Nomination” on the ODEMSA app.
- We have created a How-to Guide to aid you in best practices when compiling and writing a nomination for the Regional EMS Awards.
- The nomination worksheets have been redesigned.
- The ODEMSA Nomination form has been revamped and is more user-friendly than before.
- Nomination questions have been revised into multiple categories.
- Scholarship Changes:
- GED Recipients under the age of 21 and meet all other criteria are now eligible to apply for the $1,000 scholarship
- Applicants can now apply if they are active with a licensed EMS agency for a period of 90+ days. In previous years the minimum was one year.
Download and share our poster!
Still not sure how to complete a nomination?
For further inquiries or assistance, please contact our office at (804) 560-3300 x104 or send us a message using our online Email Us form and select “Regional Awards.”