Goochland County Fire Rescue
$61,405.00 – $68,000.00 Annually
Goochland County has an immediate opening for a Business Manager to perform professional-level work managing the financial, recordkeeping, and purchasing functions of the assigned department. The incumbent will provide front office and customer service support as needed. This position serves as member of the department’s management team, and is classified as essential personnel. The Business Manager may be required to work in an active Emergency Operations Center in the event of a local emergency.
This Business Manager position will be working in the Fire Rescue Department
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
Goochland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Prepares agenda materials and reports for Board and Association meetings as requested;
- Assists with budget development and oversight, including attending budget meetings, tracking expenditures, and preparing reports;
- Assists with procurement of services, equipment, and supplies in accordance with departmental and County purchasing procedures;
- Serves as department liaison with the County’s Information Technology Department;
- Responsible for maintaining content on Department web pages;
- Oversees invoicing, and accounts payable for the department;
- Responsible for recordkeeping and records maintenance in accordance with department, County, and Virginia Code requirements;
- Conducts independent research and analyses; prepares reports, charts, and manuals as required;
Serves as Grant administrator for the department, to include assisting with applications as required;
Responsible for compiling, maintaining, and updating inventory records for the department;
Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of general office management practices including invoicing and processing accounts payable
- Knowledge of operational budget development and oversight
- Ability to prepare financial, statistical, and financial reports
- Skilled in technical writing with ability to complete Grant applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertinent to personnel matters or critical operations
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Knowledge of government procurement practices
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain professional relationships to colleagues and citizens
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Must be able to bend and stoop in order to perform filing and other clerical duties. Work will be performed mainly in an office environment and requires the ability to perform repetitive hand motions and to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, finance, management, or related major with at least three years of progressively responsible experience in office or financial management – OR – Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Virginia Contracting Associate (VCA) designation preferred.
*Must be a Notary Public or have the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment
*Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s License with a driving record that meets County policy
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.