Website Hospital to Home
Hospital to Home proudly serves Central Virginia as the premier medical transportation provider. Patients and their families have come to rely on our punctuality and knowledge of the local healthcare system, ensuring safe, efficient, and affordable medical transport.
Full Job Description:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Maintain, on file, current and valid Virginia Emergency Medical Technician certification
- Maintain, on file, current, and valid Ambulance Driver Certificate (EVOC)
- Maintain acceptable driving record by company auto insurance standards
- Maintain, on file, current and valid AHA BLS certification
- Obtain and maintain, on file, current and valid local accreditations and permits
- Two years of driving experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates ambulances and other company equipment safely and efficiently.
- Basic life support treatment and transportation of sick and injured persons.
- Providing basic medical treatment, while not exceeding the level of skill, training, and certification of the individual employee.
- Full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal regulations and laws, pertaining to but not limited to protocols, standards of care, motor vehicle operations, and patient rights, as well as all H2H Ambulance rules, policies, directives, and instructions from management.
- Observes patients and record significant conditions and treatments rendered.
- Prepares inventories and stocks supplies, and inspects equipment for proper operation.
- Demonstrates the attitude of a Health Care Professional to include, but not be limited to, maintaining a clean appearance, demonstrating courteous, professional, and ethical behavior, and demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with other members of the EMS Health Care System.
- Demonstrates a sincere desire to continually improve and upgrade the skills and knowledge of the emergency medical profession.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely lift, transfer, and maneuver patients in and out of ambulances, facilities, residences, and other locations.
- Cleans and disinfects the interior of the ambulance. Cleans and details the exterior of the ambulance. Cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness and proper stocking of the ambulance, company vehicles, equipment, office, lounge, and bathrooms.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members, medical personnel, coworkers, and the general public in verbal and written form.
- Must have reliable transportation and must report to work punctually for all scheduled shifts and in proper uniform.
- Maintaining a clean and complete uniform, personal hygiene, and a professional, pleasant, and polite demeanor to all persons with whom the individual comes in contact while on duty.
- Completing and maintaining accurate records and documentation with regard to transport, equipment inspection, supplies usage incidents and other forms of documentation inherent in the operation.
- Promote the company, perform public relations when assigned, perform standby coverage at special events, deliver medical equipment and supplies when assigned, and other details when assigned.
- Attend company meetings and educational sessions.
- Inspect and promptly report damage, deficiencies, safety issues, or other problems with ambulances, company vehicles, equipment, and supplies, or any other matters relevant to the safe, efficient, and proper operation of the company.
- Compliance with all provisions of the Employee Policies and Procedures Manual, as well as all other company rules, regulations, directives, or instructions from supervisors.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding all information pertaining to company policies, pricing, contract terms, trade secrets, competitive information, strategic information, patient data, forms, manuals, charts, employee data, or any other sensitive or confidential information obtained while employed by or pertaining to the company, it’s employees, business information, or patients. Due to the extremely sensitive nature of this position, this duty of strict confidentiality extends beyond the term of employment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made where possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to use a sense of smell.
- The employee must frequently lift, transfer, maneuver, load, and otherwise move clients and/or equipment weighing up to 250 pounds with a partner. Such maneuvers are often performed in surroundings that involve numerous steps, narrow pathways, and around obstacles, and often must be performed in a time-efficient manner while still ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of the client, their partner, and any other individuals or objects in the area. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Shift availability:
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- EMT Certification (Required)
- Paramedic License (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org