Website Richmond Fire and Emergency Services
The City of Richmond Department of Fire and Emergency Services is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Training Analyst – Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for agency personnel. Under the direction of the EMS Battalion Chief, the incumbent of this 40 hour a-week position serves as the Senior EMS Training Specialist for the Department. Duties will include planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating EMS educational program offerings. Prepares and delivers instruction either at the Fire Training Academy or off-site, as needed, and supervises the activities of course participants during instructional time. Maintains EMS agency portal as it relates to affiliated EMS personnel. Serves as Co-Training Director for NREMT certification/recertification records for agency personnel.
The following is an example of the duties performed by the incumbent in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• In conjunction with EMS division leadership staff, assess and formulate EMS training needs of the Fire Department staff through investigation, consultation, and evaluation of requests for training programs; makes recommendations for and assists in implementing EMS/training policies and protocols.
• Evaluates learner performance, provides feedback, and develops learner remediation plans.
• Assists in planning, developing, recommending, and coordinating a comprehensive in service EMS training program for agency personnel and assists in the preparation of the division budget.
• Developing, scheduling, coordinating and delivering training programs designed to increase employee skills and provide orientation to new employees.
• Advising and assisting personnel serving as assistant trainers in formulating training plans and curriculum development and the application of effective teaching methods.
• Observing and evaluating the effectiveness of assistant trainers and analyzing training results; recommending revisions, where appropriate, to increase the effectiveness of the training program.
• Developing, preparing, and securing training presentation manuals, charts, and other visual aids, using such tools in training.
• Informing employees of available educational opportunities offered by schools and colleges in areas related to their development on the job. Assisting department members with maintaining EMS credentials.
• Facilitating classes; lead conferences; fill outside speaking engagements and serve on committees.
• Fulfill EMS educational program administrative requirements, to include calculation and submission of grades, maintenance of program, course, and student Uparticipant records, and preparation and submission of data and reports.
• Participates in community outreach EMS education and Richmond Public Schools First Aid, AED, and CPR training activities.
Incumbents serve as Essential and are required to work when the City is closed due to public emergencies, critical or hazardous conditions, or inclement weather.
Incumbents may be required to work evenings or weekends.
Please see the City’s website for a complete listing of the job requirements for the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.