The Office of Emergency Medical Services is eagerly recruiting for an EMS Program Representative. THIS IS A TELECOMMUTING POSITION that requires the incumbent to work at their residence along with varied hours of operation to accommodate the needs of the customer. The incumbent will also be assigned a state vehicle for the purpose of performing his/her duties. Residency requirement applies and the incumbent MUST reside within 15 air miles of their direct service area. The service area for this position includes the following Eastern Virginia Counties: Accomack, Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Northampton, Northumberland, Richmond County, & York.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
– Serves as the licensing agent of the Office of EMS to provide for the issuance of agency license and vehicle permits. Decisions may affect accreditation, licensure, and the quality of EMS service delivery and funding.
– Schedules and performs random inspections, issues warnings, and citations to EMS agencies for documented violations.
– Serves on local, regional, and state committees/workgroups/task forces impacting the delivery of EMS.
– In the assigned service area, verifies assets acquired by EMS agencies through grant funding.
– Uses independent judgment to render enforcement actions through the issuance of warnings and citations without supervisor approval.
– Initiates and conducts complex investigations involving the provision of EMS
– Recommends enforcement action(s) to Supervisor for atypical investigative findings.
– Provides Technical Assistance and serves as subject matter expert. Provides specialized technical assistance and EMS guidance to local governments and EMS agencies to reduce the effect of injury & illness on the citizens and visitors of the Commonwealth.
– Establishes & maintains a field office. — Independently schedules appointments and maintains an accurate record of workflow.
To apply for this job please visit virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.