This competitive $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior who has been affiliated with an EMS agency for at least six months, and who is currently enrolled or will be enrolled in an institution of higher learning or an accredited ALS training program in the coming year.
You will need the following to submit your application:
- Your full name
- Current address
- Best contact phone number
- An email address that you check regularly
- Agency affiliation if an individual
- The state you started volunteering with the agency
- Your GPA.
- Either your Cumulative GPA or your Point Scale Based GPA
- Your anticipated higher education institution or ALS institution
- Proof of your affiliation with a Virginia licensed EMS agency.
- Statement on agency letterhead can be included as part of one of the letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your official high school transcript
- (no minimum GPA is required, but will be considered in evaluations.)
- At least two letters of recommendation on appropriate letterhead attesting to your academic and/or EMS performance, which is consistent with the highest standards. One of the two letters of recommendation must be from an agency officer attesting to your level of activity within the agency.
- Photo Required: A high-resolution digital photo of you must be included. Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) and just the nominee in it. “Selfies” will not be accepted.
In your own words, please answer the following five questions. Each answer should be 250 words or less.
- Who or what inspired you to become involved in EMS, and what do you like about volunteering?
- If given the opportunity, what would you do to improve the EMS system in Virginia?
- How do you balance your schoolwork and other academic commitments, your EMS work and your other obligations?
- Why do you think that your continued education is essential?
- What aspect of EMS is most important to you, and what impact does that have on your community?