CRITERIA: Any individual, EMS organization, or EMS response group within the Commonwealth of Virginia that has demonstrated comprehensive and/or significant accomplishments for programs that provide preparedness, response, and recovery from natural, man-made and preplanned events, which cause a significant impact on the agency and the community. These activities should directly relate to and impact the provision of emergency medical care during these events.
ELIGIBILITY: Any individual, EMS organization, or EMS response group within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Examples of programs meeting eligibility for this award would include:
- Disaster Response Teams
- Community Emergency Response Teams
- Continuity of Operations Planning
- Mass Casualty Incident Training programs
- All-hazards planning
- Emergency management partnerships
- Surge event planning
Eligible applicants include persons or entities developing or managing such programs
You will need the following to submit your nominiation:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency affiliation
- Agency position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo.
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- Provide a brief overview of the nominated individual, program, business, licensed EMS Agency or EMS response group within the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Why does this program/accomplishment deserve to be recognized? (All-hazards planning, emergency management partnerships, work in emergency life cycle?)
- Describe the demonstrated comprehensive and/or significant accomplishments/programs that contribute towards making their communities safer, stronger, better prepared and more resilient through emergency preparedness and response.
- Describe how the Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, Recovery objectives were met.
- Provide examples and outcome measurements when possible.
- Give detailed results analysis of the program.