CRITERIA: An emergency medical telecommunicator, public safety answering point administrator, supervisor, or training officer whose outstanding dedication and service have demonstrated an exceptional contribution to the improved delivery of emergency medical services in the local, regional, or statewide EMS system.
ELIGIBILITY: An emergency medical telecommunicator, public safety answering point administrator, supervisor, or training officer who is employed or volunteers with an organized emergency medical services dispatch center or public safety answering point in Virginia.
You will need the following to submit your nomination:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency affiliation and position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo.
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- Summary and justification for why emergency medical telecommunicator, public safety answering point administrator, supervisor or training officer should receive this award.
- Describe how this person’s outstanding dedication and service has demonstrated an exceptional contribution to the improved delivery of emergency medical services in the local, regional or statewide EMS system.
- Are there any programs or events that they have implemented or educational programs that they have created or enhanced?
- Does this nominee provide any other volunteer or career services with the EMS system?
- Describe how this nominee has been recognized for extraordinary EMD services or honors.
- Does this nominee sit on any committees or participate with any groups that help to enhance and advocate for EMS and/or telecommunications?