CRITERIA: An individual who exemplifies outstanding dedication and service to his or her community through involvement with EMS. An individual that serves a mentor in growth and development of the EMS field.
ELIGIBILITY: Any individual who routinely provides prehospital care, primarily in Virginia, is affiliated with at least one Virginia licensed EMS agency and who is certified as a prehospital EMS provider by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
You will need the following to submit your nomination:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency affiliation and position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- Summary and justification for why this person should receive this award.
- Why is the nominee exceptionally qualified and why should they be selected for this award?
- Explain how this provider exemplifies outstanding dedication, mentorship of the field and investment to his or her community through involvement with EMS.
- Provide a description of the success and accomplishments of this person in EMS to include honors, awards (civic or professional) that highlights their contribution to EMS and their community.