CRITERIA: A provider who exemplifies outstanding teaching and leadership qualities while participating as an educator in an EMS program. Must have coordinated or consistently demonstrated excellence and a dedication to the education of prehospital EMS providers. The nominee must have participated as an instructor, coordinator, or adjunct faculty in an EMS program for at least two years. Educational programs include EMR, EMT, AEMT, Intermediate, Paramedic, continuing education courses, preceptor programs, or equivalent EMS training.
ELIGIBILITY: A Virginia EMS Educator
You will need the following to submit your nomination:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency and/or academic/teaching faciity affiliation and position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- The summary and justification for why this EMS Educator should receive this award.
- How has this nominee enhanced EMS education for their students and why should the nominee be selected for an award?
- Explain how this provider exemplifies outstanding teaching and leadership qualities while participating as an educator in an EMS program.
- How do they enhance the classroom or training experience to ensure that their students are ready and can provide the best care to their patients?
- Does this educator sit on any committees or participate with programs that help to further enhance EMS education and patient care?