Supporting EMS Heroes
The 2023 Siren Slam Cornhole Tournament for Heroes is more than just a fun-filled day of cornhole. It’s an opportunity for the community to come together and show appreciation for our EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Heroes while supporting a worthy cause. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Old Dominion EMS Alliance (ODEMSA).
|Date:||Saturday, November 18th|
|Times:||Check-In/Registration: 10:00 AM|
Bags Fly: 11:00 AM
|Location:||NES Cornhole Lounge|
2443 Old Brick Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
|Format:|| – Double elimination|
– Blind draw for team pairings
|Prizes:||Cash prizes will be awarded to winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.|
|Registration:||$40 per person (registration form)|
$25 for non-tournament play per person (open to all ages) (registration form)
Online Registration Deadline: November 17th, 2023
In-person registration will be taken until Bags Fly.
|Event Highlights:|| – Food|
Your Donations at Work
By participating in the 2023 Siren Slam Cornhole Tournament for Heroes and making contributions, you are directly contributing to the betterment of EMS services in the ODEMSA Region. Your support will help fund essential programs and services, including:
- Training and Education: ODEMSA offers advanced training programs and courses for EMS personnel, keeping them up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in the field.
- Equipment and Supplies: Donations go towards procuring vital equipment and medical supplies necessary for EMS providers to deliver top-notch care.
- Community Outreach: ODEMSA actively engages with communities, offering educational programs, safety initiatives, and community events to raise awareness and promote health and well-being.
- Support for EMS Personnel: Your contributions also help provide support and resources for EMS professionals, ensuring their physical and mental well-being.
- Emergency Preparedness: ODEMSA works on initiatives to improve emergency preparedness, ensuring a swift and coordinated response during critical situations.
By participating in this event, you are not only having a fantastic time but also making a meaningful impact on the health and safety of your community. Together, we can ensure that our EMS Heroes have the resources and support they need to continue their life-saving work.
Join us on Saturday, November 18th, at NES Cornhole Lounge for a day of fun, camaraderie, and support for our EMS Heroes. Let’s make the 2023 Siren Slam Cornhole Tournament for Heroes a memorable event for a great cause. Your involvement is greatly appreciated, and together we can make a difference in our community.
About Old Dominion EMS Alliance (ODEMSA)
Established in 1978, the Old Dominion EMS Alliance (ODEMSA) is a nonprofit charged by state law to assist in developing and implementing an efficient and effective EMS delivery system. There are a total of 11 Regional EMS Councils across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Old Dominion EMS Alliance is one of the largest and most diverse regional EMS councils in Virginia and is defined as the 9,000-square-mile region made up of Virginia Health Planning Districts 13, 14, 15, and 19. The region involves 26 hospitals, nearly 100 EMS agencies, over 6,200 EMS providers, and serves 1.48 million residents.
Our service area includes the counties of: Amelia, Brunswick, Buckingham, Charles City, Charlotte, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Halifax, Hanover, Henrico, Goochland, Greensville, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, New Kent, Nottoway, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George, Surry, Sussex; the cities of Colonial Heights, Emporia, Hopewell, Petersburg, Richmond, and South Boston; and the towns of Ashland, Farmville, and South Hill.
Standing Committees within the ODEMSA structure include Air Medical, Peer Support/CISM, Hospital Diversion, Medical Direction, Mass Casualty Incident (MCI), Pharmacy, Performance Improvement, Training and Education, STEMI Steering, and Stroke Steering.