CRITERIA: A nurse who exemplifies outstanding service in emergency medical services; knowledge and performance of EMS nursing skills; and high standards of cooperation and leadership with other EMS personnel and agencies. Highest consideration is given to performing a nursing role in a hospital or clinical setting such as precepting or quality assurance programs. Nurses who have demonstrated excellence as a prehospital provider or instructor should be nominated for those categories.
ELIGIBILITY: Any Virginia licensed nurse serving in an active position.
You will need the following to submit your nomination:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency or Hospital affiliation and position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo.
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- Why does this nurse exemplify outstanding service in emergency medical services?
- Describe this nominee’s knowledge and performance of EMS nursing skills.
- How does this nominee practice high standards of cooperation and leadership with other EMS personnel and agencies?
- Does this nominee perform a nursing role in a hospital or clinical setting, such as precepting or quality assurance programs?
- Does this nominee demonstrate excellence as a prehospital provider or instructor? If so, then would this nominee be better suited for one of those categories?
- Does this nurse sit on any local, regional or state committees?