CRITERIA: Any individual, program, business, or licensed EMS Agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia that has demonstrated comprehensive and/or significant accomplishments/programs that make a significant contribution to or provide for the health, safety, and welfare of EMS providers.
ELIGIBILITY: Any individual, program, business, or licensed EMS Agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Examples of programs meeting eligibility for this award would include:
- EMS provider health and wellness programs (fitness and wellness, cardiovascular health)
- Scene safety programs (aeromedical operations, emergency vehicle operations)
- Provider injury prevention programs (injury prevention at violent scenes) designed to prevent line of duty death and injury
Eligible applicants include persons or entities developing or managing such programs.
You will need the following to submit your nomination:
- Nominee’s full name
- Nominee’s Current address
- Nominee’s best contact phone number
- Nominee’s email address that they check regularly
- Agency affiliation and position
- Supporting documentation (Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted)
- The nominee’s Resume or CV
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator
- Newspaper/periodical articles or other materials
- A high-quality photo of the nominee must be included.
- Try to send a color photo (with good lighting) with just the nominee in it.
- If it is an agency or organization, the photo can be a group shot of agency members, a picture of agency headquarters, or a logo.
You will need to answer the following about the nominee:
- A brief description of individual or EMS agency nominated.
- Why does this program/accomplishment deserve to be recognized?
- Describe the accomplishment/program, including its objectives and clientele being served and how it contributes to or provide for the health, safety and welfare of EMS providers.
- Provide a description of the results and success of the accomplishment/program.
- How were the objectives met?
- Provide examples and outcome measurements when possible.
- Give detailed results analysis of the program.